Muni Loss Forecast Model
Register for the Course
Muni Loss Forecast Model allows users to assess future creditworthiness across the muni market by generating scenario-conditioned predictions of both probability of default (PD) and loss rates (LR) for the entire municipal market. With exclusive access to select data, Moody’s Analytics uniquely provides a comprehensive forward looking view of municipal credit quality for CECL and other stress testing applications.
A Unique Perspective On Issuer Credit Quality
Using historical municipal ratings data spanning nearly 50 years, this econometrically-backed forecasting system allows users to visualize credit quality for individual municipal bond issuers under any Moody’s Analytics economic scenario. The models are based solely on quantitative measures of national and subnational economic and demographic data including the unemployment rate, change in per capita GDP, bond spreads, median incomes, and more.
- Model provides year-ahead and lifetime PD and LR estimates for any muni issuer under any Moody’s Analytics’ economic scenario.
- Quarterly forecasts out to 30 years, updated monthly allow continuous monitoring of HTM and AFS portfolios.
- Easily access model results via integrated API, Moody’s Analytics Impairment Studio, Excel add-in or other custom delivery options.
- Starting PD or Credit Rating.
- Muni sector (Airport, Local Government, etc.)
- State in which the obligor is located
- Customizable LGD assumptions
- Year-ahead PD and LR at quarterly frequency for up to 30 years across multiple scenarios.
- Cumulative PD and LR over desired lifespan of the security or loan across multiple scenarios.
Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL)
Calculate fast, accurate reserves for loan and lease losses with our cloud-based ALLL solution.
Automating the process of financial spreading and credit scoring increases loan application volume and helps lenders make better credit decisions.
Our commercial lending solutions are flexible and robust enough to support whatever loan structures, pricing, or conditions you require to reduce risk.
Proactively monitoring the financial health of borrowers and the risk level of your loan portfolio increases the profitability of your lending business.
Tap directly into comprehensive credit research from Moody's Analytics and our sister company, Moody's Investors Service, and gain detailed insights into our views on credit-related topics.
Credit Risk Modeling
Moody’s Analytics delivers award-winning credit models and expert advisory services to provide you with best-in-class credit risk modeling solutions.
Moody's Analytics provides trusted macro and regional forecasts to help clients assess potential economic outcomes.
Moody's Analytics performance data solutions enable you to monitor your portfolio and confidently make decisions using reliable sources.
Moody’s Analytics industry-leading global data solutions help financial institutions improve their strategic planning and capital and risk management practices.
Moody’s Analytics helps financial institutions develop collaborative, auditable, repeatable, and transparent stress testing programs to meet regulatory demands.