Country Risk Service
Register for the Course
A critical component of international investment and development is the risks associated with doing business in a foreign country. Moody’s Analytics Country Risk Service enables users to assess their risk profile along multiple dimensions for countries across the globe, focusing on the threats most critical to their operations. Our solution combines the subjective ratings of country experts with data-driven risk assessments to generate a more reliable and complete picture of short- and longer-term country risk.
The Core of the Service: Moody’s Analytics Country Risk Index
- Macroeconomic risk related to the natural cyclicality of the economy and the quality of monetary and fiscal policy.
- Business risk reflecting operational uncertainty from local conditions that businesses face daily.
- Financial risk from possible shifts in asset and liability valuations due to interest-rate and exchange-rate shocks.
- Social risk from either large-scale social upheaval or individual-level risks such as crime and disease affecting human resources.
- Political risk related to policy uncertainty and/or the possibility of large shifts in political conditions.
- Security risk to human life and property from war, geopolitical instability, natural disasters and climate change.
Moody's Analytics Country Risk Index (MACRI) provides a standardized methodology to assess and compare investment risk across 191 countries. The MACRI provides a single country risk score, updated quarterly, that aggregates threats along six risk dimensions:
Users have the option of adjusting weights across the six dimensions to produce scores that most accurately match their risk preferences.
Supplementary Risk Indicators
- Risk of Recession Indicator - Estimates the probability of a recession occurring over the next 12 months for 113 countries.
- Currency Depreciation Indicator - Provides a view to where depreciation events are most likely to occur across 107 different countries, estimating the risk over the next 12 months.
- Fiscal Space Indicator - Measures fiscal space risks associated with government debt for 78 countries.
- Economics Clarity & Surprise Indices - Assesses how the most recent data stack up against Moody's Analytics forecast and a country's historical performance.
To complement the MACRI's broad view of risk, our Country Risk Service provides four supplementary indicators focused on short-run risk, updated monthly.
- Inform investment strategy through comprehensive insight into risk factors within and across countries.
- Meet regulatory requirements for country monitoring to inform limit setting when lending overseas.
- Guide decision-making when expanding or managing business operations in another country.
- Enhance supply chain management through assessment of countries' ability to manage shock.
Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL)
Calculate fast, accurate reserves for loan and lease losses with our cloud-based ALLL solution.
Basel I, II, and III
Moody's Analytics Basel solution delivers comprehensive, automated, and streamlined regulatory capital compliance and reporting for Basel I, II, and III.
Moody's Analytics insurance Business Insight solution integrates economic scenarios with modeling solutions to generate required analytics and insurance business insights.
Automating the process of financial spreading and credit scoring increases loan application volume and helps lenders make better credit decisions.
Our commercial lending solutions are flexible and robust enough to support whatever loan structures, pricing, or conditions you require to reduce risk.
Credit Economic Capital
Gain insights to manage credit risk, support regulatory compliance, and make active asset allocation decisions.
Proactively monitoring the financial health of borrowers and the risk level of your loan portfolio increases the profitability of your lending business.
Credit Risk Modeling
Moody’s Analytics delivers award-winning credit models and expert advisory services to provide you with best-in-class credit risk modeling solutions.
Current Expected Credit Loss Model (CECL)
Moody’s Analytics provides tools for the most crucial aspects of the expected loss impairment model, with robust solutions to aggregate data, calculate expected credit losses, and derive and report provisions.
Moody's Analytics provides comprehensive economic, demographic, and financial data at the national and regional levels.
Moody's Analytics provides trusted macro and regional forecasts to help clients assess potential economic outcomes.
Moody's Analytics provides internally and globally consistent economic, regulatory, and custom scenarios.
Moody's Analytics financial data solutions enable you to assess market opportunities and compare entities across systems.
Moody's Analytics offers a liquidity compliance solution to help banks address the complex liquidity compliance requirements under Basel III.
Moody's Analytics performance data solutions enable you to monitor your portfolio and confidently make decisions using reliable sources.
Quantify diversification benefits across portfolios and define risk types that inform risk management and active asset allocation decisions.
Moody’s Analytics offers automated, streamlined, and integrated regulatory capital calculation and reporting solutions for a wide range of banking regulations.
Moody’s Analytics industry-leading global data solutions help financial institutions improve their strategic planning and capital and risk management practices.
Moody’s Analytics helps financial institutions develop collaborative, auditable, repeatable, and transparent stress testing programs to meet regulatory demands.
Structured Finance Buy-Side Solutions
Moody's Analytics provides dependable, integrated, and comprehensive solutions for Structured Finance investors.
Structured Finance Risk & Regulatory Solutions
Moody's Analytics produces regulatory analytics and best-in-class advisory services that create confidence and allow our clients to manage their structured finance risk via our Structured Finance Portal Regulatory Module.